Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ: ZJ info

Hey Guys, I need some help. I have a friend that has a ZJ, (Grand Cherokee, right?). He wants to get into basic trail running and expedition stuff. He asked me about a short lift and some engine upgrades. I told him what I could. But my ZJ knowledge is pretty much nil. Other then here, is there a ZJ forum, or other websites, that I can steer him to, for good info, and help him start learning more about his rig?

Thanks for any help.
    It was like that when I got here.

www.nagca.com

www.mallcrawlin.com

Need more info on the ZJ. Lots of options available.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
      www.nagca.com

www.mallcrawlin.com

Need more info on the ZJ. Lots of options available.
      Hi there, I believe this post is started regarding my zj. Just registered on mjr last night. My name is Brian & I my jeep info is as follows:

1995 zj i6 242 amc, k&n intake with rusty's bracket, rugged ridge throttle body spacer, stock manifold for this year and headers/block untouched. Recently added 1.75" spacers w/ 5100 series bilstein shocks w/ stock springs. Rebuilt tranny(stock gear ratios) with external cooler.

After installing rugged ridge throttle body spacer started having rough idle. Smooth I.D. no grooves. Any input?

Thanks, B
      Last edited by Beiwulf; 04-20-13, 11:11 AM.

Comment

The 4.0 engine is a very good engine I'm not a big fan of throttle body spacers or K&N intakes. Not sure what your budget is but you could stroke it. You can get modest gains by improving intake and exhaust. Lots of ZJs came with V8s. You could do a swap. Or just drive it like it is.

Budget boost (spacers) is a good start. You can always do a front spring to rear swap and buy new front 3.5 springs. Beyond 3.5" you need to start changing out lots of other stuff.

As far as expedition gear...your station wagon will hold a bunch of stuff. I was in DeVa for 4 days last week, I had plenty of gear packed and I could still see out the rear window. You can always add a roof rack if you feel the need to carry more gear. A good rear bumper can get the spare tire out of the back and provide a good spot to carry extra fuel.

The 242 is a great TC. Gives you the option of 4WD or AWD.

I assume you have the low pinion Dana 30 up front and the Dana 35 in the rear. They are fine for tires up to 31s. The 4.0 will struggle with bigger tires unless you regear.

You will want to get sliders on ASAP
        Last edited by FishPOET; 04-21-13, 07:41 PM. Reason: added sliders
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

zj upgrades

I am looking for a set of rubicon moab rims 5x4.5 as well if anyone knows a seller and the price is right.

thanks,
          B

Comment

Working...
          X