Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Paint job

long story short I painted my TJ with Eurathane hot rod flatz primer and paint...looks great seems to be quite dry and hard...HOWEVER! I realized that on my color coat I added reducer but forgot Hardner .... @#$ I did apply a few very thin coats and again while it seems dry and hard i'm reading post that have me thinking the only way to make it right is strip it all and start again Im not looking to win beauty contests just want a durable paint job and its gonna get abused anyways...should I just roll with it and if it does start to fail then fix it or do I start over assuming something will go wrong with it?
    Thnx for any advice or thoughts!

. painter buddy said this If its dry to touch then it's dry. Maybe the paint did not require a hardener

Comment

The coating will not be durable without the hardener. It will probably still adhere fine if the surface prep was done correctly but the hardener is makes the coating durable and able to resist chips and scratches. But is's flat and on a Jeep. WTF???
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanx guys...Hardner was req'd and I F$%# up! But I think I laid the couple coats so thin they did dry...gonna do a test spot and try do add a coat with the hardner....It's a Jeep and if I'm lucky and wheeling soon it's gonna get all messed up again!!

Comment

Working...
        X