Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Deck (for my Jeep)

I bought a trailer for my Jeep. It needs a little TLC, and I plan on replacing the wood deck.
    My question is: What is the best sealant for the deck?
    I've heard that Thompsons just doesn't hold up under the severe usage a trailer is put thru. I've even heard of guys using diesel fuel to seal the wood. It was explained that, the diesel is almost oil, and sinks deep into the wood, and is super durable. I just don't know how safe it is.

So, please give me some of the things you guys have used to seal your decks. That has worked well.
    It was like that when I got here.

When I had my trailer with a wood deck I would use Thompson's and had to redo it every year.
    Check out .

Comment

I paint every year.

Personally I would not want the side affects that would come with diesel oil.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Take a look at Apitong Wood it's expensive but might save you in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by Rube View Post
          Take a look at Apitong Wood it's expensive but might save you in the long run
          I'll look into that. I was thinking treated wood for construction may work, if thats the same thing. How about it contractors. Would treated wood work?

Comment

Looked up that Apitong wood. At $5.35 per LF I'll pass. Thats an $800 deck.

Comment

I've done Thomson's also. This year I would like to try expanded sheet metal and landing mat, and cover it with some kind of DIY bed liner.

Steve
              All slow and no show

Comment

NO DIESEL on the wood........EVER!!......
                Use a redwood fence sealer.
                LG
                Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Working...
                X