Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sway bar Disconnects?

So my disconnects are a piece of crap. I was trying to raise my truck to get my tire of and the this came right of the ball joint.. Anyways...

My question is:

Is it going to ruin anything if I drive temporarily on the streets with my Sway Bars disconnected?

:confused:
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

No, but it will make it feel more tippy in the turns and if you have to make an avoidance move, you're more prone to rolling over. Other then that, it wont hurt anything. Just be safe
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I will be getting some as soon as I can.....

It started to sound as if My front end was going to fall off everything I went over a gutter or up a drive apron whil turning. it Turned out that it didnt do that while my Disconects were disconnected.

I am not sure exactly sure what was causing it, But hopefully when I get new disconnects, that horrible sound wont be there anymore......

Maybe there was a ton of stress on them or something.....???.... :confused:
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

If the disconnect ball joint came out and you aren't going to drop the coin on fancy disconnects, just go to the nearest 4x shop and ask them for a stock swaybar link. They will probably have a pile of them and just give it to you. We broke one on the Sarah Edition and that's what I did. Still running the Home Depot discos...
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

it wont hurt a thing i have mine discounted all the time it just makes it drive funny you'll be ok
          I am the Tarzan!

Comment

Thanks for tips guys....

Ya. I definatly cant afford them right now. Someone told me that I could try adjusting all my shocks to the hardest setting so it wont sway as much. I am going to try that today... I will let you know how it works.....
            Supe

Comment

Actually,,, I wont!!! I cant find My Keys!!!!!! If I cant go to work, thats one thing. But If I cant find them by the time I go Wheelin next.... Thats a whole different story.........
              Supe

Comment

Get a set of JKS quicker disco's. That's what Ive got. LOVE EM!!!
                They are worth the extra money. No need for a hammer anymore to get the discos on and off.

Comment

Thanks Jefe. I jsut checked thouse JKS Discos out. They seem pretty rad. I think i will pick some of those up when I get a few extra bucks. I am going with out them now. I set my shocks on the firmest setting. Good for now. you know...
                  Supe

Comment

If I were deciding between JKS that I see in my stores nearly every day and Tera like I used to run for quick disconnects, I'd go with the simpler design Tera discos. Plus Tera's are only $80 or so from Bob Supplee, contact info below.
                    Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 08-05-04, 08:26 AM.
                    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

you guys keep on talking about these different type of disconects, i am lost, i am a serious buget jeep owner, heck now the dealership dont know who i am going to have to pay everymonth, but anyways i went to the local hardware store and baught two pins that have a spring type lock drilled holes in each one and used a couple washers and two little matser lock paddloks to contain everything works great, other than take a second to unlock and lock the locks. just a idea to keep you going till can get the better real disconects
                      im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
                      4 inch rough country lift
                      35x12.5LT16's
                      super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

an example of this is in tjrubicons stabalizer go bad post.
                        im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
                        4 inch rough country lift
                        35x12.5LT16's
                        super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Originally posted by 02wranglersport
                          but anyways i went to the local hardware store and baught two pins that have a spring type lock drilled holes in each one and used a couple washers and two little matser lock paddloks to contain everything works great

Similar to this: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380
                          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

If, you need a stock set of links let me know. I have my stock ones, and I'll ship em to ya free of charge. I don't need em anymore, so I'll just give them to a fellow Jeeper.
                            04 Rubicon
                            4.5" RE Super Flex
                            1" BL
                            CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                            Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                            35" el cheapos
                            Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Hey thanks Tjrubicon. I think I am good for now. I really appreciate the offer though. Totally cool of you man!
                              Supe

Comment

Working...
                              X