Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB Compressor

I'm adding an ARB compressor to my jeep but I'm a little confused on what to buy. I already have a one gallon air tank mounted under the hood. I'm looking at the (ARB CKMA12). It's price in the middle of the other ARB's I see online. I would like to be able to purchase the more exspensive one but don't have the bucks so this model will have to do. My question is: can I use my one gallon tank for this model? I read somewhere that it was tankless. I want to use my air tank if I can.

Originally posted by Jeeper Creeper View Post
    I'm adding an ARB compressor to my jeep but I'm a little confused on what to buy. I already have a one gallon air tank mounted under the hood. I'm looking at the (ARB CKMA12). It's price in the middle of the other ARB's I see online. I would like to be able to purchase the more exspensive one but don't have the bucks so this model will have to do. My question is: can I use my one gallon tank for this model? I read somewhere that it was tankless. I want to use my air tank if I can.
    I see they are selling for$260.00 +. I have one of these http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FQ78TU/...SIN=B000FQ78TU

You can have for $100.00. I will ship it if you pay the cost. And it will definitely like a 1 gallon receiver tank. It filled four 37 inch tires from 10 PSI to 28 PSI in about 15-18 minutes.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I heard that the Viair's are good compressor's all though I've all ready ordered the (ARB CKMA12). I just need to know if I can still use my air tank with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeper Creeper View Post
        I heard that the Viair's are good compressor's all though I've all ready ordered the (ARB CKMA12). I just need to know if I can still use my air tank with it.
        Oh, cool. Yes, a one gallon tank should be fine. It might make a slight difference in fill times because the compressor has to fill the tank and the tires (the tank is added volume in the system) but the initial shot will be fast (first tire filled). But it might not even notice it. I didn't read the data on that compressor as far as cfm and flow rate.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I have that ARB compressor in my Jeep and love it. Runs the lockers and fills tires pretty fast. I'm running without any other tanks.
          Check out .

Comment

I've had that arb compressor for 3 ish years now and it still runs like a champ. Fills 35's in a few minutes after a day of wheeling and operators the lockers. Plus, it's a bit smaller than some of the other compressors out there and fits nicely under the master cylinder on the ABS trying you don't have ABS.
            "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

Working...
            X