Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be very careful when tapping the compressor head. It cracks easy.
    Check out .

Comment

Actually what I did was take the head off my old compressor (which was already tapped) and put in on my new compressor, since I didn't have a tap and die set. The only other thing I did was cut the battery clamps off and wired direct. Still don't know why it would suck air though causing the air tank not to fill.

Comment

Actually what I did was take the head off my old compressor (which was already tapped) and put in on my new compressor
        Now the pieces of the puzzle are coming together......

When you took the head off did you take note of the position of the reed plate and put it back CORRECTLY ?

Comment

I belive I did.... it's on the same way the picture on the box is. Don't think I actually moved the reed plate...... damn I hate getting old. Would this cause the problem I'm having?

Comment

Would this cause the problem I'm having?
            Yes sir, if the plate is not positioned correct, your intake and exhaust "valves" will not be oriented to the correct ports on the head.

I think you found your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dktool View Post
              Yes sir, if the plate is not positioned correct, your intake and exhaust "valves" will not be oriented to the correct ports on the head.

I think you found your problem.
              Wow I sure hope so. I'm out of town for the next few days, but will post back with my findings. Thanks to all who replied

Comment

Ok I tried positioning the reed plate two differents ways. I can kinda see where the rubber gasket was so there were only two options to try. I'm assuming that the side that goes up against the head with the hole in it goes to the outlet valve to the tank, and the reed is on the side to the air gauage. Anyways I tired both ways and still sits at "0" psi

Comment

Working...
                X