Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On board Air compressor

I'm running arb lockers front and rear and just this weekend and my Superflow MV-50 air compressor died. Just wonderng if anyone has tried the ARB CKSA12.... for their lockers, air up tires, etc, I have a 1 gallon air reservoir.

my Superflow MV-50 air compressor died
    If you haven't already, do this:

Remove the end cover where the switch is, there is a relay in there that is a POS. Bypass it and see if it pump returns to life, if so you can buy a replacement relay at a local parts house the is the same size only MUCH better quality.

I have 2 of those comps. and both have had relay issues but not anymore !

Comment

My pump continues to run and I can only get 28 psi in the tank. I have no air leaks, I belive the pump is worn and not generating enough air to get me to 100+ psi. I'm
      not sure if there is a quick fix that I'm aware of.

Comment

MV 50 isn't rated to put our more than 90 psi, ARB compressor or a Viaair with a ARB pressure switch works well

Comment

There are several onboard compressor's on the market, from $60 - $500. For the price the MV 50 has to be good choice, so I think I'll do just the replacement. Pretty sure my guage said I was getting 100 psi, but maybe it's not the best guage.

Comment

Be aware that ARB's air locker runs on a slightly reduced pressure when compared to the potential air pressure put out by most air compressors. I don't recall exactly but 85-90 psi rings a bell on what it is supposed to run on. A regulator to slightly reduce the pressure at the locker is usually required when not using an ARB air compressor.
            The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Working...
            X