Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Bucks on after start-up

First i want to say hi, and that I love my jeep. It is a 98 grand cherokee laredo, with 62,000k. Here is my problem, when I start my truck in the morning I get a very rough idle, then if I give it gas in gear it will buck and pop, then go, then buck again. Then it will go away in about 2 minutes, and will not do it again unless the truck sits a while. I have new plugs and wires, new distrubuter, and cap. I then brought to jeep and 1200.00 dollars later they replaced both o2 sensors, cleaned and replaced thottle body seal, then new fuel pump, and new fuel pressure regulator. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tarrytown, is that someplace where you might have condensation and subsequently water in your gas tank? Try HEET methanol to turn the water into something mildly more flammable?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Tarrytown is in New York, and I have tried both dry gas, and fuel injector cleaner.

Comment

Which engine?
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

inline 6

Comment

Could be the crank position sensor? Have you tried that yet? How about timing?
            1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I had a problem on my 88 Xj similar to that. The CPS had a bad connection and it was sending a bad siginal to the computer. I unplugged and pluged back in the connector a couple times and it fixed it. I dont know if thats the same as your problem, but it might help. I'd also check the TPS

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

the truck is back at the dealer. I told them I will not pay anything more, and dont want it back untill it is fixed. I asked about the CPS, and the tech told me it would throw a code, and my jeep is not.

Comment

Working...
                X