Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

It's almost about that time to get new shoes for the little Bashmobile that could...
    I'm currently running 4.56 gears with 33x13.5x15 Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains (33.1" overall diameter) which weigh 75 pounds per tire, them some heavy sum a b)tche5. If I go to 35x12.5x15 tires, then my overall diameter will be 34.8 which is taller but my tire weight reduces to 64 pounds per tire. Will I lose torque or gain torque?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

try MTR's a lighter pretty strong tire that works pretty well.
    Bigger lighter tire means a little bit less torque, but better acceleration and better braking than the heavier tires

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      try MTR's a lighter pretty strong tire that works pretty well.
      Bigger lighter tire means a little bit less torque, but better acceleration and better braking than the heavier tires
      Cool! Better braking is good to hear. I love the 33x13.5" Open Country MT's so I'm still undecided but they cost more than 35's. If I end up with 35's, Micky Thompson MTZ's are on the list. Thanks Art.

Comment

The MTZ's aren't a bad tires, they are only marginally bigger than 33's ran those on my yellow Jeep for several years.
        KM2's and MTR's are true to size the MTZ's are not

Comment

I really like my KM2's. They have held up well with all the abuse I give them. They have good traction and there not loud on the highway.
          Last edited by dirtman13; 10-25-12, 06:08 AM. Reason: spelling
          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            The MTZ's aren't a bad tires, they are only marginally bigger than 33's ran those on my yellow Jeep for several years.
            KM2's and MTR's are true to size the MTZ's are not
            The KM2's and the MTZ's are both at 34.8" overall diameter. None of the 35x12.5x15 sets are higher than 34.8.I gotta goto 16" rims to get true 35's based on my reading. Still have time to research this thing thoroughly

Comment

Ditto with Chuck, on the KM2's. They also wear great in the street, if you do a good amount of daily driving, like I do. They're a 40k mile tire easy. At the expo a couple weeks ago, I noticed Nitto, has a new trail tire. Tread pattern, is right in there with the KM2"s and MTR's. The Nitto AT's I have on my Nisson Titan are great. You might want to check them out.
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]I've been following this... where is a good place to source new tires? A place with great customer service & honors warranty without a lot of hassle?[/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I always order my tires through Brothers 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                    [COLOR="#800000"]I've been following this... where is a good place to source new tires? A place with great customer service & honors warranty without a lot of hassle?[/COLOR]
                    America's Tire. They have the best warranty, and svc in the business. They will even get you tires they don't carry, like Interco. I've replaced many trail damaged tires with them, no questions asked.

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Are all America's Tire the same?[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Out of state, they are Discount Tire, Not to be confused with Discount Tire Centers, in california. Other then that they are all the same. They will all honor warranties. I've replaced 2 tires in Las Vegas, and one in Arizona. I've been to 5 different stores in the LA/OC area, and all have warrantied tires I've purchased at another stores. If you buy a new car, you can even buy a warranty for the tires on the new car.

Comment

This might be a little unconventional, but I have been quite happy with my Hercules Trail Digger MT tires. So far as I know, they are made in Ohio by the Cooper tire company. I've had the 35" trail diggers on my TJ for maybe a year now, and two trips across the country and a good amount of trails here and their. They are kind of loud, but they are an MT tire, so that's to be expected I guess. But the grip and tire wear have been quite good as far as I can tell. And their price was well below all other tires I was looking at. My next set of tires will be another set of trail diggers, unless I go bigger than they offer.
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

x2 on brothers....they are good dudes to deal with...
                            [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANGRY MIDDLE CLASS WHITE GUY![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X