Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference, between the 2 engines isn't just about hp. Its about reliability, too. I have a friend, that works for a well known shop, that does alot of work on JK's, thats in fullerton. He says that alot of the older engines, let go, after hard wheeling with larger tires. The internals are just not up to heavy use, even in stock form. Engines with upgrades let go even sooner. Like I mentioned in an earlier post. The 3.6 was designed to work with a turbo. So, the internals are much stronger then the 3.8 engine.
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

The front tubes arent what is bending on the JK its the C's and that can easily be prevented with weld on gussets. The JK doesnt require the lift height that previous Jeep models needed to run larger tires. 4/4.5 is all youll need to clear and "wheel" with 37's.
      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Reason why I don't stray.... Been married to my honey for over 15 yrs. She's NEVER let me down although she is very much gold-digg'n high maintenance. Ive slept next to her MANY times and every time, when I awake, she puts a smile on my face when I look at her. I know that if I went to a place where there were super hot and eager younger ones wanting to get into my pants (the front pocket), I would give in and have to start a relationship all over again. Hi, I'm Kevin. Whats your name? What do you like to do for fun. Are you dirty? Let me clean you.. I hate starting over!
        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
          Reason why I don't stray.... Been married to my honey for over 15 yrs. She's NEVER let me down although she is very much gold-digg'n high maintenance. Ive slept next to her MANY times and every time, when I awake, she puts a smile on my face when I look at her. I know that if I went to a place where there were super hot and eager younger ones wanting to get into my pants (the front pocket), I would give in and have to start a relationship all over again. Hi, I'm Kevin. Whats your name? What do you like to do for fun. Are you dirty? Let me clean you.. I hate starting over!
          You need counseling.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
            You need counseling.
            x2; but I'm sure it'll all make more sense in a few months.
            USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
              x2; but I'm sure it'll all make more sense in a few months.
              What!? I don't have a problem! I can stop anytime!
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Get the JK as a family battle wagon/limo and keep the YJ as the toy. Considering it's already paid off, what's it gonna hurt to keep it? Not only that, with the current China rumblings, the YJ or any other American Jeep may be difficult to replace in the future.
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                  Get the JK as a family battle wagon/limo and keep the YJ as the toy. Considering it's already paid off, what's it gonna hurt to keep it? Not only that, with the current China rumblings, the YJ or any other American Jeep may be difficult to replace in the future.

I'd like to, but it doesn't make sense for us to pay insurance, registration, and all the requirements for 5 vehicles when we are just two people.... I'm sure someday, once I grow up and get a real job, we'll have the space for everything but right now... No way.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                  X