Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shackle reversal with a buggy spring on CJ7

I know Jeep mods are done in the winter and play time in the summer. But I never said I was smart, "Just good Looking" I have my shackle reversal and buggy spring kit from "MORE" and was wondering if any body had any suggestion do's or dont's. Doing a spring over at the same time and installing my shortern dana44 high steering. :secret: Tring to get ready for some new meat under my jeep. 35" or 37" depending on which rearend I go with.
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

With the buggy springs, you will need a very long slip joint on the front driveshaft, because as the axle drops away from the frame it will also move forward a lot more than with shackles up front. Compounding the problem is the fact that the pinion will now tend to point even further downward and away from the transfer case, as opposed to the opposite with shackles up front. I think TonkaDave has a driveshaft like this and he got it in Barstow?, but I think any driveline shop could set one up.
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

i was looking into doing this shackle reversal as well, but was warned to stay away from the buggy spring. it requires a long travel front driveshaft =$ and is soposedly the buggy spring doesnt hold up as well as without.
      i dont know this first hand, so please let us know YOUR feelings on this mod
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I wanted to get move wheel travel, Looking at all the pro's and con's I thought that this would work better than the revolver shackle in the front. I'm from wyoming and probably party with the boys that invented it.
        [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
        In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Working...
        X