Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.y.e...

Hello all,
    I have a 03 TJ "x" and am planning on putting a 4'' Trailmaster lift and 33'' MT/R's.
    I was wondering...
    1) Is this a good lift for a daily driver? and...
    2) Since I'm not planning on doing a lot of heavy off-roading at most light trail stuff for camping, is a SYE absolutely necessary for a Jeep that will live mostly on pavement (at least til I can afford another car) and will I need to re-gear as well???

Since I've got you reading, do you recommend 15x8's or 15x10's??
    I'm currently running 31'' MT/R's on 15x7's (stock)

I'm trying to get an idea of what the whole project is going to cost so any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks all :smile:

I thought they did away w/the slip yoke in 03? Or was that only the Rubicon? You may just need a longer driveshaft.
    I have a 02 (things changed in 03 though) w/D44 in the rear and there was no way I could go w/o the SYE & shaft when I install my Rubicon Express 4" kit.

Comment

B&T: Thats only on the Rubicons

03TJ:
      1) I dont know about trailmaster, I've never been a fan, but thats just me. You'll find that most people on here prefer RE over most.
      2) You'll need a SYE if your at 4 inches, no doubt about it. Unless you do a huge t-case drop, but that kinda un-does what you just did by putting on the lift. You will also need adjustable control arms to get the pinion angle and caster where it needs to be.

15x8 wheels, 15x10 is excessive and not nessacery

Have fun!
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Thanks,
        I haven't had much success find RE lifts for the 03-04's...
        If anyone has any links or info on where to find, pricing etc..I would greatly appreciate it.
        Also, what is the (in your opinion) preferred SYE...
        Thanks again!!!

Comment

I found this site 4x4groupbuy.com They didn't have the price listed just "Too low to list" so email or call them. They are in Az so you may save on taxes, shipping... I'm looking for the Currie Ent. TJ Steering System at a good price as well.

Let us know if this works out, B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
            I found this site 4x4groupbuy.com They didn't have the price listed just "Too low to list" so email or call them. They are in Az so you may save on taxes, shipping... I'm looking for the Currie Ent. TJ Steering System at a good price as well.

Let us know if this works out, B&T TJ
            i dont know why, but it seems that they put taxes on there no matter where you l;ive..
            i'd look at tom woods.
            they have a nice kit with shaft, and aa sye
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

That site is very cool, thank you very much!!
              I'll keep ya posted on the progress.
              Thanks again to all!! :smile: :shade: :smile:

Comment

Working...
              X