Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Off-Road Competent America’s Tire in Inland Empire?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Off-Road Competent America’s Tire in Inland Empire?

I’ve need to diagnose an out of balance (out of round?) problem with my 37” MTR’s and Raceline beedlocks. The Riverside/Tyler Americas Tire said they were too out of round to balance dynamically. They did a static balance, but I’m getting constant wobble, sometimes evolving into full DW. I’ve checked my ends and ball joints, fairly sure the problem is the wheel/tire (but, I don’t see anything obviously wrong there either)

So, I want to determine if my problem is tire or wheel. I want a shop to balance the wheel/tire (basically report what it being called for), then I’ll take them home, remove the tires, and bring back just the wheel to “balance” . With the balance “report” on each of the 4, I should then be able to determine which are a problem and if it’s the tire or wheel. I’ve got a lifetime balance from Americas Tire, so I’d like to go to one of their shops.

So, does anyone know of a Corona, Riverside, Chino, etc., Americas Tire where one of the guys will understand what I’m asking?

Cliff

There's one on the north side of Riverside Plaza, just west of Marie Callendar's and Market Broiler. Never used 'em though.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

To really diagnose if the rim is out of round you would have to take the tire of the rim.
      Then spin it either on the Jeep or a tire balancer will tell ya in a hurry what's at fault.
      A quick visual to see how much the tire wobbles jack it of the ground put a jack stand or something like it as close to the thread as you can and then spin the tire slowly by hand

Comment

It's hard to find someone good to balance tires. I go to AT in colton and they don't do a very go job half the time. So I went to the goodyear dealer in town and told them my problem. So they put weights on the outside and inside of the wheel to get it balanced right.

But the last time I had DW it was a twisted axle. So I would do as Art said. Then switch tires around.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I have used the americas tire in norco. They seemed to be good. Its off hammner between 2nd and 6th st across from target.

Comment

As a follow up to my own post, I’ll share what I found.

1) Large MTR’s need precise balancing. I’ve found many threads and talked to a few people who described problems getting and keeping them balanced. I’m convinced my problem was tires that never were perfectly round, and they got worse after a year of use. My front end was well built, with new parts, and it masked the problem until I rotated the tires after one year (approx 5,000 miles).

2) I found one shop that could balance my tires properly (none of the 3 Americas Tires I tried could or would dynamically balance them). Bud’s Wheel & Tire, on Indiana St. in Riverside, had a Road Force balancer and had guys who would go to the effort of dynamically balancing large tires on beadlocks. It took approx 25 oz. of weight on each tire, but they all now “pass” the Road Force test, and I have no steering vibration.

Time to get back on the trail!

Comment

I find this interesting. I have no balance problems with my RL wheels w/37" KM2's or my RL wheels w/39.5" Irok's. Are you sure it's not somewhere else? Maybe in the hub. I'm curious to what you find. Post up when you find it. Good luck.
              Check out .

Comment

A friend of mine mounted and spin balanced my 35" MTRs, and one in particular took a LOT of weight. I'll have to check and see how much. Anyway, that wheel had been my spare when a large pine tree rear-ended my Jeep, caving in the tailgate upon which said wheel was mounted. Seems that a slightly bent rim may be the cause rather than the tire.
                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                X