Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shocks for a full size chevy? (72 K5 blazer)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocks for a full size chevy? (72 K5 blazer)

A friend of mine has a 72 K5 Blazer with about 4 inches of lift. It's quite bouncy, so I'm guessing it's the shocks that need to be swapped out to get a better ride? I'm not sure what shocks are on there, but I'm pretty sure they are probably one of the cheaper options.

Any of yall know what shock brand/type would work for a better ride quality on a full size vehicle like this? (leaf springs front and rear). It goes offroad a bit, but nothing hardcore. He's just looking for a smoother ride, less bouncing around. I've ridden in it, and it makes my Willys feel like it has coil springs and nice shocks

Just checking here, see if anyone has a suggestion
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Bilstein 5100s
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Yep, Bilsteins, are valved for the weight of the vehicle they're made for. Thus giving the best ride. The Procomp, Rancho's and other brands are generic valving. If its a jeep or a k5 they're valved the same.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Sweet, thanks! I'll pass that recommendation along to him :-)

I suppose if he calls up Bilstein and gives them the year and model of his truck, and how much lift he has, they will know what length shocks he needs?
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
          Sweet, thanks! I'll pass that recommendation along to him :-)

I suppose if he calls up Bilstein and gives them the year and model of his truck, and how much lift he has, they will know what length shocks he needs?
          I'd say thats a safe bet.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Don't know if it's convenient, but the folks at Offroad Warehouse have been pretty helpful for me. I understand they've actually helped Bilstein work out the valving and such on some of their shocks. Don't know about the K5, but that's what they (ORW and Bilstein) told me about the TJ 5100s.
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
            X