Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russ

I am also an Amsoil dealer, and will order some of the oil sample kits this weekend. I have also seen oil analsys in the Navy with aircraft turbines to check the quality of the oil in them. The turbine has different metals in the different bearings, and a high metal content will help pinpoint the bearing that is going bad. We have also found other stuff in the oil when someone used the wrong oil in the engine when servicing it.

LG - The long OCI is because of the Amsoil that I run. They guaratee their oil for the long OCI to protect your engine.
    They also have oil filters to last this long. I change mine about half way through the life of my oil though, so the filter gets changed and helps keep the oil clean.

When I first switched over to Amsoil, I picked up an extra 3 to 5 miles per gallon when driving between the highway and city. But I changed everything over. When I pulled my front diff apart a couple of months ago, it showed no wear, and the locker has held up the entire time. This front diff was built about two years ago and we used a lock-rite in it.

Todd
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I have used Mobil-1 and Castrol Cyntec on all my vehicles. Both oils are full synthetic.
      My 94 Grand Cherokee V8 had over 300K miles on it when I sold it I always used Mobil-1 throughout the drivetrain. I NEVER had any problems what so ever. No oil leaks the motor never used any oil. I have had very good luck using either one of those two oils. I will never use any other oil in my cars. Change the oil every 3K to 4K miles and use a Mobil-1 filter and you can’t go wrong.
      04 Rubi
      00 XJ

Comment

LOL! I worked with a guy who had a toyota truck that he never changed the oil on. He just added and from what I remember it had about 150,000 miles on it. Sounded like crap but it was still running. Haha! The guy was an idiot. The EPA made oil manufactures reduce the zddp or zinc, phosphurus levels in the oil to help prevent premature catylitic converter failure. Thing is thats the good stuff that prevents wear. The heavy duty deisel oils and motorcycle oil have more zddp than most conventional and synthectic oil. I find it funny my buddy with a 360 ferrari modina ask the ferrari service department what oil to run and they said to run Shell rotella t6 5w-40w full syntetic in his car. I heard alot of Motorcycle guys run it also because its alot cheaper than other car and motorcycle synthetics out there. Its ~$20 a for a 5 quart bottle at wally world. I run it in my sons honda crf250x since it only take a quart and I change it practically after every ride. Thinking about trying it in my Chevy Duramax also but delo seems to work good. BTW Also had a buddy who ran mobil 1 synthetic in his truck and in his 69 ss camaro both had flat tappet hydralic cams and both vehicles cams went flat. Not enough zddp? Who knows.

Comment

Brad Penn 10W30...

Comment

As an Amsoil dealer, I will sell you oil if you want it.
            If you are happy with the oil that you currently use, then stay with it.

Todd
            Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
            Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Working...
            X