Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commanche problems

okay my wife bought this jeep before i met her and i down to a few last repairs on it but here are my problems what would cause a loud POP when the wheels are turns and would also have a sound of something rubbing? and she has a horse and needs to use the truck to pull a trailer but get horriable gas milage is that the nature of the inline 6? i have plans to rebuild the engine. and also any suggestions on what i can do in mods that would provide more pulling power and better gas milage? any help would be much appriceiated

Originally posted by cooljamtransam
    okay my wife bought this jeep before i met her and i down to a few last repairs on it but here are my problems what would cause a loud POP when the wheels are turns and would also have a sound of something rubbing? and she has a horse and needs to use the truck to pull a trailer but get horriable gas milage is that the nature of the inline 6? i have plans to rebuild the engine. and also any suggestions on what i can do in mods that would provide more pulling power and better gas milage? any help would be much appriceiated
    I would guess the popping sound would be coming from the steering/track bar, knuckle ball joints, or axle u-joint (assuming its a 4X4). Check it all out, make sure everything is tight and not broken.

As for the I6, its probably not the best to tow a trailer with a fat horse in it. But if you want more power, no matter how small, get some exhaust and a nice air filter. Or you could always build a Stroker . Good Luck!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
    X