Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I borrow an engine hoist from someone?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I borrow an engine hoist from someone?

Instead of buying one (because I'll have no place to keep it afterwords!) I'm wondering if anyone has an engine hoist that I could borrow for a little while? I honestly don't know how long I'll need it. I'm planning on taking the engine out of my Willys and replacing at least the rear main seal. I've never pulled an engine before, so I'll probably be taking my sweet time with it, and might need the hoist for a few weeks at least.

Anyone have one sitting around that I could borrow for a bit? Hoping to start on it in a week or two.

How big are engine hoists, could I fit it in the back of my TJ with the seat removed? If not, I could just strap it to the back of the CJ I guess since it has no rollbars or anything to get in the way.

And, is it usual practice to work on the engine while it's in the hoist? or would it be better to also find an engine stand so that the engine can be rotated around upside down for easier access to the underside?

If I can't find one, I guess I could just buy one off craigslist and sell it after I'm done.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

I got both and you can borrow them I doubt they would fit in your Jeep even taken apart.
    Unless somebody has one of these fold em up cherry pickers, you will need a pickem up truck to haul a cherry picker

Comment

I have a portable (fold up) hoist but I use it regularly so unless you can get it done over a weekend I can't let it go. But if Art will loan you his stuff, I'll offer up my truck to haul it for you.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Wow, thanks fellas! I'd hate to borrow your truck to drive that stuff all the way over to my place by the coast. If I can't find anything closer that I could pick up myself, I may take yall up on that. Thanks

Yea Kurt, I wouldn't want to borrow yours if you would need it back in a week or so, I work slowly, I probably wouldn't be able to get it back to you in a timely fashion.
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
        X