Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Mirrors

I saw a pic of a guy with a Rubi that looked just like mine on Gold Mountain. He had his doors off but had his mirrors on some way. I know that they make relocation brackets but was wondering if there was another way to do it. You guys are the experts so let me know if there is a home made way to do it or do I just buy the relocation brackets?

Thanx!!!!!

Jason
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

The relo brackets are cheap, like 25 bucks or 30. That's for the Tj though, not sure about the rubi but they're probably the same. If you don't have much spare time it seems better to just buy them.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanx Sarah!!!!! That's kinda what I figured. I just thought I would ask.

By the way, I saw you and Rick (at least I think it was you guys)in the Jeep magazine the dealer sent me when I got my Jeep. How did you guys get in there? That was pretty cool!!!!

jason

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
        Thanx Sarah!!!!! That's kinda what I figured. I just thought I would ask.

By the way, I saw you and Rick (at least I think it was you guys)in the Jeep magazine the dealer sent me when I got my Jeep. How did you guys get in there? That was pretty cool!!!!

jason
        Way cool! Here's the thread about it:
        http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ar...hp/t-1557.html

and here's our pics from the adventure:
        http://www.myjeeprocks.com/photopost...assword=&page=

They basically found my personal website and saw that I was in to Jeeps, used my dumb little contact form to ask me if I (and my significant other) was interested in doing the photo shoot/story, I thought it was a joke and almost didn't respond -- and the rest is history!

P.S. If you don't plan on keeping your mag I'll send you a sticker if you mail it to me
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I was looking at the brackets a while back but there were 2 problems ... 1) after 03, the mirrors are different I think so the brackets I saw didn't seem to work. 2) Seems like on the passenger side the mirror kinda becomes useless.

So I just bought a $13 "eurosport" mirror from pep boys and bolt it on the windshield hinge on the driver side whenever I take the door off.

03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Sarah,

I will definately send it to you. I really wanted one of those stickers. I don't suppose you have the ones that go over the top of the windshield, do you? I will send the mag and $$$ if needed. Let me know.

Seapahn,

That looks like it will work fine. I am going to try it tonight. I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanx!!!!!

Jason
            Last edited by loop choke; 06-28-04, 03:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
            X