Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock bumper bolts with winch?

Well, the title says it. Are the tj rubicon front t55 torx bolts strong enough for front winch? Are they similar strength to grade 8? thanks.

Think about this warn winches mount to the plate with 4 x 3/8" bolts. Winch plate attaches with 4 x1/2" torx bolts and 2 x 10 mm bolts.

Guess what will let go first?

Comment

Winch bolts smaller and fewer. And I don't know the quality /strength of the Engo (yes I know, Chnese) bolts to winch plate. The winch plate came with new grade 8 bolts, but they are not long enough to go through Rubicon tow hooks. I'm no genious, but you're saying the stock torx bolt OK? And thanks for the quick reply.

I just bolted this on today. Taking family to Colorado to explore the area around St.Elmo, and unless I hook up with some other Jeepers there we'll be exploring solo, so I figured a winch might be a good idea.

Comment

Look at it this way, bolts hold hook on that you use to drag your Jeep when it's stuck x 2 plus the 2 bolts that bolt the plate to the sway bar brackets. The winch will stay more than enough bolt to drag it up a straight cliff. Have fun on your trip

Comment

I've used my Superwinch to move literally hundreds of rocks and logs that weigh more than my Jeep, uphill and down. Worry more about bending your frame!
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks guys. And I feel much better now Rat!

Comment

Working...
            X