Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights

I was woundering if 89-91 Wagoneer light will fit on my 89 xj.
    Because I came across some light that are for a wagoneer they are a seald beam conversion headlight kit 6"x7"?. somthing I was just woundering before I purchase
    4.0 ltr
    3.5" lift
    rock it air intake
    flowmaster 50
    31"bfg's

Standard XJ's have the 6x7" sealed beam lights. Wagoneers have the Duel lights (2 on each side). Either way, if you are talking about converting one to the other (waggy to standard, or standard to waggy) it is not a direct swap, you have to switch out the whole front fiberglass nose piece.

If you are talking about converting to a H4, where all you replace is the bulb, and not the housing, I would recomend this highly. I have done this to my XJ and the difference is AMAZING!!!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

do you have any websights that have these h4 bulbs that you are talking about this would be a better idea I thought that the sealed beams where all one unit. not convertable
      4.0 ltr
      3.5" lift
      rock it air intake
      flowmaster 50
      31"bfg's

Comment

Originally posted by 89xjlvr
        do you have any websights that have these h4 bulbs that you are talking about this would be a better idea I thought that the sealed beams where all one unit. not convertable
        http://www.dpgoffroad.com/Lights/IPF.htm

Scroll down to the bottom. I converted mine using some cheap ass stuff. My lights leak and got filled with mud once. Hindsight being 20/20 I would go with a high quality product like IPF or Hella. I would also suggest upgrading the headlight harness, with that much wattage running through the stock wires they tend to heat up and melt. An upgraded harness would eliminate that.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
        X