Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockers two switches or one?

I was wondering when you are running lockers in the front and rear, are there two switches (one for rear and one for front) or is there only one switch for both?

2 separate switches

Comment

You could do either but two switches are much more desirable. Sometimes you only need one or the other depending on the situation. I personally will do everything possible to run with out a locker and only turn one on at a time if needed.
      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
        You could do either but two switches are much more desirable. Sometimes you only need one or the other depending on the situation. I personally will do [COLOR="red"]everything possible[/COLOR] to run with out a locker and only turn one on at a time if needed.
        [COLOR="sienna"]"Everything possible" includes running 37's and putting massive axles in his rig. For us puny humans... recommend running two switches. As Chuck pointed out..there are times when you only need one or the other locked. Example: when turned very sharp it's not recommended to have the front locked, but you may still need the rear locker for traction to both rear wheels.[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

three switches for an ARB set up....

1. compressor
          2. rear locker
          3. front locker

I 2nd what chuck said... try to run open and only engage the lockers when needed. turn them off right after you get through the tough spot. This prevents "wind up" and keeps the stress on your drive train to a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
            [COLOR="sienna"]there are times when you only need one or the other locked. Example: when turned very sharp it's not recommended to have the front locked, but you may still need the rear locker for traction to both rear wheels.[/COLOR]
            Conversely, there are times in a sharp corner you only want to use the front to dig. This is of course if you are twin sticked.
            Check out .

Comment

I like two for sure.

My stock rubi had one switch (a rocker switch) to control both of them. But I wired it up (super easy, even for a wiring idiot like me) to be two separate switches with red covers over them. I like it alot better.

I can lock up just the front if I need to crawl the front over something and not needlesly lock up the rear as well. Or lock up just the rear when I need to be crawling and still have some sharp turning ability. Easy to glance down and see which locker is locked and which isn't (based on which protective cover is flipped up or down. And to unlock them you just slap your hand on the covers and they unlock, haha!
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
              X