Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mood

I am thinking of rolling my TJ off the tallest mountain in North America and just seeing it explode. The money pit will end. My feelings right about now.

Been there, wanted to do that. Still chasing the electrical gremlin?

Comment

Driving your jeep to the top of that mountain, will make you remember why, your willing to go thru the rough times.. Hang in there.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Cut back on all of the weight you carry in it, and you will like it better. :-)
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Ya I know, that was my mood that day. lol. As far as the weight its already done thru a massive diet. The only thing I can shave off it would be that rear tire carrier. Thats the killer.

Comment

I just ditched my tire carrier last month. If you have a 35's, your spare will lay flat in the back. There's plenty of spots in the rear door to mount a cb antenna. I'm currently in the middle of building an interior cargo rack, that I will incorporate a hi-lift mount. It can be done. It does make a difference when climbing. Good Luck Nikos
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Reading jp, I saw someone makes an aluminum spare tire carrier thats simple and ties to hinges above and below of the rear passenger tail light. That would allow me to get rid of the heavy heavy metal carrier from wilderness racks. That I think that would solve the leverage issues I'm battling and put an end to the last piece of the diet equation.

Comment

Post some pictures of your jeep all loaded and ready to play.
                One of the first things you need to do is get that tire from hanging off the back of your jeep. There is no worse place for that #90 to be.
                What else do you have in the back of that thing? Co2 tank, Hi-Lift, 50' of chain, 20 trail lights? :-)
                ERIK

Comment

hey.. there is nothing wrong with having an "apple bottom"

Comment

Agree

I totally agree. That rack will be removed. Totally!! TJ is empty inside. Co2 tank. Really? Lol. Lights not the problem. That whole piece of s..t is coming off today!

Comment

Originally posted by nikos View Post
                      I totally agree. That rack will be removed. Totally!! TJ is empty inside. Co2 tank. Really? Lol. Lights not the problem. That whole piece of s..t is coming off today!
                      It is all about the sum of all the crap you have back there. Add the weight together and figure out what you cannot live without and remove it.
                      What do you keep your tools in? Post up those pics!!
                      ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                        It is all about the sum of all the crap you have back there. Add the weight together and figure out what you cannot live without and remove it.
                        What do you keep your tools in? Post up those pics!!
                        I completely agree. I have already shed over 1500 pounds off the jeep if not more. My tools are in a small utility bag. Thats it. I'll post a picture of the tj once I remove that handicap from the rear. No fridges, no heavy metal armor, no arb bumper , no tuffy box Xlarge filled to the brim with crap. I'd say its on a major diet. Now with this removal, I think the diet is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                          I just ditched my tire carrier last month. If you have a 35's, your spare will lay flat in the back. There's plenty of spots in the rear door to mount a cb antenna. I'm currently in the middle of building an interior cargo rack, that I will incorporate a hi-lift mount. It can be done. It does make a difference when climbing. Good Luck Nikos
                          I know it can be done. I did it before. Im bi-polar. Ive changed the configuration so many times, this way and that way. My needs just change. I took the tire out the back so I could put a bench seat and take my children around. Its all about function. I'll just carry a spare in nailers jeep. Works out great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                            Been there, wanted to do that. Still chasing the electrical gremlin?
                            You know Jason, its runs great. Not issues. Its that stupid check engine light that is driving me crazy. No code either. Just pissing me off.

Comment

Originally posted by nikos View Post
                              I'll just carry a spare in nailers jeep. Works out great.
                              That isn't far from reality. I seldom carry a spare on the trail. Mist often I leave it at camp, or on a long run like the Rubicon, find others to share or split up the tools, spare parts, spare tires, etc...
                              ERIK

Comment

Working...
                              X