Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Smog check?

So I have to get my jeep smog checked, have an apointment setup for monday morning at a local place. What all do they check here in CA? This is the first time I've had to smog a vehicle since i've been out here.

Is it strictly emissions related? or do they inspect other things as well? Like how far the tires stick out the fenders, and such like that? In Louisiana we had vehicle inspection, and that was it. They pretty much just checked to make sure that the headlights worked, blinkers, horn, wipers, hand in your $10 and you are done, takes only a few minutes. In Arizona they put the vehicle on rollers and collected data from the tail pipe, but nothing else was really inspected if you passed the sniff test and all the correct smog equipment was still intact under the hood. What happens here in CA?
    Last edited by daniel_buck; 03-03-12, 10:34 PM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

They only check for emissions and a visual of the engine compartment. It takes about 10 minutes.

Comment

Pretty much the same as AZ. If you have any aftermarket engine parts that they can see. They'll want to see a number on the part that proves its CA legal. If your check engine light is on. Get it fixed. They wont inspect it if thats on.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Thanks fellas!
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

passed!! sweet :-D My jeep DOES rock ;-)

Comment

Nice. Funny how we worry whenever we have to take any kind of test. : )
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

yea, I grew up with no emissions, so I never had to worry about it. Then when I was in Arizona it took me over a year to get my old Camaro to pass, so I'm kinda jumpy when I hear the word "emissions". haha!

Comment

Working...
              X