Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, what I meant to say is PMW doesnt make the corner guards anymore. Im familiar with THOR. They look nice and integrate the tail lights which is nice.

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    Just bob it and link it and call er good. Actually the cage in the pictured XJ should do a lot for stiffening the body up
    Correct, especially when you tie the cage into the unibody stiffeners.
    www.RuggedJeep.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheHammers

Comment

I'm not knocking the wrangler but from all the info I have come across the xj seems to best the best jeep has put out. It has a little bit of all worlds. The only thing that could make it better would be a rubicon version. Butnthat is easily fixed. The piss thin frame rails do suck balls but there are ways of fixing that as well. I like all jeeps but the xj is my rig of choice.

Comment

When built up a Cherokee ends up being something of a tube buggy in a tin can, don't know if that's so ideal lol
        It has decent wheel base and is cheap to buy other than that, give me a TJ any day

Comment

The 4drs are slightly stiffer due to the extra pillar. Extra stiffening material was added in 96, to comply with the new crash standards of the time.

Plus, we all know square headlights are way better!
          An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Plus, we all know square headlights are way better!

I know I can fit some round head lights in that grill to make it look even better. LOL
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Curtis did you buy one yet? I am dying to come over with a torch and an airhammer to make it look better
              :-)

Comment

Got one to look at tomorrow. Maybe I'll carry my cutting torches to cut off what hangs up on the rocks.LOL

Got a really good price on a rebuilted AW4 today, and I have all the other parts for the TJ swap. So time will tell.
                Last edited by curtis; 03-07-12, 07:49 PM.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

I would have to agree with Art that a Wrangler would be much easier to build for a Hammer style rig. Cherokee's have a lot of work to fit 37's or bigger under. If you like running w/o doors a Wrangler is already set, and you'll get less body damage.

If you plan to just drive to the Hammers or trailer it, a 4 speed auto may not be nessasary. Keep your present TJ for general use.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                    I would have to agree with Art that a Wrangler would be much easier to build for a Hammer style rig. Cherokee's have a lot of work to fit 37's or bigger under. If you like running w/o doors a Wrangler is already set, and you'll get less body damage.

If you plan to just drive to the Hammers or trailer it, a 4 speed auto may not be nessasary. Keep your present TJ for general use.
                    Like I said you end up with a tube buggy in a tin can

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      Like I said you end up with a tube buggy in a tin can
                      Don't get me wrong, I think the Cherokee is an awesome 4x4. But for major mod's the Wrangler would be an easier build. I've considered a YJ major build with either a good set of leaf's or coilovers...but you know how that goes.

Comment

Ok, I guest if you want to go bigger than 36" tires. The Cherokee is not the way to go. So thanks guys for the info. Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Curtis, there are several choices, find a Toyota buggy and modify it to your liking. Find a damaged TJ or YJ and do your magic with it.
                          Just be prepared to drop some coin on it and a considerable amount of time. I know you can do it, will keep you from getting bored for some time to come. Hammer season is almost done, so you got all summer to go to town.

Comment

Curtis,

If you are interested in an XJ, I think that I might be able to help. I have a friend that is wanting to sell his lifted and caged '98 XJ. Currently, it is on 35's (the front tires need replacing), ARBs front and back, a full cage, and a big lift by a brand that I am not familiar with (maybe Skyjacker or Rancho?). I am doing some work on it this weekend and I can tell you that the drive train is strong. Here are some pics:

The downside is that the axles need to be replaced. It is rolling a D30 and D35 combo. But it is ready for a better axle swap without much change. Let me know if you are interested. I'm sure that you can get it for a reasonable price. I'll hook you up with the owner if you are interested. If not, say the word and he will never know....

[COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

That's a really nice one. But I need to pass on it . But thanks alot for the info Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                                That's a really nice one. But I need to pass on it . But thanks alot for the info Mike.
                                No worries.
                                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                                [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X