Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Top Wiring

Does anyone know how to disconnect all the wiring and washer fluid stuff for the hard top? I am selling mine next week and need to get it out of the TJ.
    TIA

i am pretty sure there is just one plug to undo at the drivers side rear corner.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I actually need everything disconnected from the Jeep and removed. I am selling the top and it needs to go with it.

Comment

like nailer said, near the back of the tailgate you can unplug all the necessary wires at once. do you mean the switches too?
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
          like nailer said, near the back of the tailgate you can unplug all the necessary wires at once. do you mean the switches too?
          Everything. I need it all out. Switches, hoses, wiring, its all gotta go.

Comment

I don't have any experience with complete removal of all wiring, but I bet you could just take out the carpet and follow the lines?
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

good luck. I'd just trace the wires back and unplug them as needed. I sold my hardtop w/o the wiring because I didnt want to screw with it.
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

That is what I think I will have to do. I wasn't sure about the power source.

Thanks Sarah.

Comment

The washer bottle is a special two-pump version which you'll need to give the buyer too and replace with the standard one-pump version if you really need to give the buyer everything needed to make the rear window washer work. There is a separate wiring harness that runs from the hard top's connector under the driver's door, under the dash, and then to the washer bottle's rear-squirter pump.
                  The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Thanks Jerry. I looked at it last night and figured it would be a bigger hassle than I thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X