Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Engine Skid?

I'm looking for an engine only skid. Cuz of my LA kit I can't use something like Savvy's combo piece.

I've narrowed it down to the AEV, or the TeraFlex. I like the way they both are snug to the pan.

Pros and cons on each? Also, are there any others out there that I may have missed?

Thanks
    It was like that when I got here.

I think by far the best one out there is the skid from AEV, it is beefy and tough. Both Snoopy and I are using it.
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

I have the AEV (Nth). Its good, solid and been tested. Also the DIY Tummy Tuck for the Atlas T/C.

Steve
      Last edited by alittleoff; 03-21-12, 06:36 PM.
      All slow and no show

Comment

How about something like this http://undercoverfab.com/aluminum-en...id-plate-.html

Comment

Originally posted by minisaba View Post
          Thats a combo engine/tranny/t-case skid. I can't use that type. My long arms tie into my crossmember skid.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I have a nth degree (now AEV) oil pan skid and the thing is bomb proof. I had to add some washers to space it properly, but it is an excellent product.
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

I am running a Skid Row, the long arm version. It is 1/4 inc and does the job quite well. It attaches at the motor mount brackets on the frame and the transmission skid plate. I have a friend that has one for a TJ that is the standard version available, he purchased the longer wheel base Rubicon and it does not fit. Let me know if interested.

Comment

you could just try and straddle the rocks vs using them as a pivot point for your Jeep tetter totter

Comment

Another vote for the ucf aluminum skid that this is beefy and amazingly light.

Comment

Read somwhere the ucf aluminum skid bends easy. Not sure if its true but might want to search pirate.

Comment

Working...
                    X