Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny cooler lines

I'm trying to determan which line is the return line, from the cooler to the tranny. I don't have a laser temp reader. There are no markings, that I can find. I even tried driving it for 5min, then see if I can tell which line is cooler, manually. That didn't work. Any ideas?
    It was like that when I got here.

Disconnect for a few seconds of cranking to see which way its flowing. May I ask why ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
      Disconnect for a few seconds of cranking to see which way its flowing. May I ask why ?
      I did think of that. I was hoping to avoid the mess. But it may be my only solution.

This is the tranny in my RV. Before I start towing my jeep around, for another season. I want to add, a second cooler. I have a feeling that the tranny, isn't gonna last another season, if I don't add another cooler.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

If it's a 2002 or older, the return line is on the passenger side. 2003 and newer, the return line is on the driver's side. I wish I had know 2003 and newer TJs were opposite to how my previous 1997 TJ was when I a tranny cooler in my replacement '04 TJ a few months ago!

Edit: Whoops just noticed you're asking about your RV's tranny cooler. Sorry, no idea.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Working...
        X