Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: door surronds

Anybody know what TJ door surounds are made of, or what type of glue would work to glue broken ones back together ?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Maybe gorilla glue but not sure it would work on plastic.What side do you need maybe I can find you one cheap.

Comment

It's got some fiber in it. Need a driver side one.
      Last edited by curtis; 01-02-12, 04:10 PM.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

I would grind it down some and use fiberglass matting and epoxy resin, should work just fine

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          I would grind it down some and use fiberglass matting and epoxy resin, should work just fine
          Don't think you need to go to all that trouble. If I put it back together it's doesn't come back apart easy. So I just think it needs some glue. I would take a picture but left my camera at the plaque on Jack Hammer LOL.

Comment

That or hold it together with a piece of aluminum sheet metal and a few screws, the side windows do pull on it pretty well

Comment

I have a pair of door surrounds. I think that once plastic breaks and it not beefy enought to drill a couple small holes and add supports; glue will not usually hold up over time.

Comment

Originally posted by nikos View Post
                I have a pair of door surrounds. I think that once plastic breaks and it not beefy enought to drill a couple small holes and add supports; glue will not usually hold up over time.
                So what do you want for the Surrounds ?

Comment

Knowing what they go for, make me an offer. Id rather mostly help you out than make money, though I do have a busted transfer case and I will need to fix it. If I didnt have this issue, I would just have given them to you.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    Thats a good idea.

Comment

There shipped and on there way to you. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by nikos View Post
                        There shipped and on there way to you. Problem solved.
                        Thanks a bunch Nikos.

Comment

Working...
                        X