Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Radio

Does anyone know of a San Diego shop that sells pre tuned CB/Antenna combos?

Thanks,
    Dan

I'm not sure that exists. The ammount that an antenna gets tuned is largely dependant on the vehicle and how it is mounted. Probably your best luck in south county would be Ham Radio Outlet in Kearny Mesa. They sell a lot of CB gear antennas included. I bet they even have the $10 antenna tuners there too.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Perhaps you meant Peaked and Tuned?? I'm getting ready to pull mine out, peak it, then tune everything up if I can manage to find a good mobile SWR Meter.
      USMC F&AM

Comment

Any good cb shop will tune it for you, after you mount it. Another good source for equipment is a trucker accessory place. They'll have stuff, but they don't usually know alot. Thats on you.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
          Perhaps you meant Peaked and Tuned?? I'm getting ready to pull mine out, peak it, then tune everything up if I can manage to find a good mobile SWR Meter.
          Yes..that's what I meant. I'm not CB 'savvy', so I am learning through research and asking questions. Thanks! I have an SWR meter and an external speaker. I have a hand held Cobra, that will work fine for the run this weekend. I'll start looking for good CB next week.

Thanks everyone for the input and advise.

HOOYAH!!!
          Dan

Comment

Working...
          X