Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Question?

I'm about ready for a new set of tires. I've had 2 sets of the old style Good Year MTR's (35") and have had great luck with them. My question is.......Anyone gone from the Old Style MTR's (35") to the New MTR's with Kevlar? I would like to know what you think about the New MTR's?

Mine were stiff at first. But after the side walls broke in they work great.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I have a set of MTRwK 37 12.50 17's and love them. They look pretty mean too They are also some of the lightest tires out there for their respective sizes.

Comment

Actually they are the heaviest compared to some of the tires on tirerack. Same size tire bfg km 2's are lighter by 4#s a tire. Krawlers are only 3 pounds heavier per tire but have 4 ply sidewalls.

Comment

I'm looking for a tire that is as good on the street as they are in rocks. The MTR's seem to work great in both places? I'm open to other ideas????

Comment

Hey Ron,
            Not a bad choice but like all tires after enough heat cycles and uneven wear they get noisy. I went for old to new and sold my road tires since they were so quiet. Best of both? I wish BFG made AT's with a more aggressive sidewall tread, that could be the best.

Tom

Comment

I hear you....before I invest the money on my next set of tires I thought I'd ask MJR. Im leaning toward another set of MTR's I just want to know what others have tried. Finding a good tire that works well in both worlds and will give you 30,000 miles????? I'm all ears!

Comment

Have krawlers now but my bfg km2's worked awesome in all terrains IMO. Side swiped a rock in motino wash and that tire flex to the point of tearing and it didnt. Last set of bfg at's lasted 50,000 miles. Before you buy check ut onlinetires.com and have americastire price match with no shipping since you can pick them up in cerritos. Best deal by far especially if you happen to get a rebate.

Comment

???Cerritos.......is that the American Tire Warehouse???? If this works it would save a bundle of $$$$$$ Would u happen to have the address to the Cerritos Warehouse? Thanks for the tip!

Comment

My guess is that The Cerritos warehouse is for the online tire place. Any America's Tire can get, what you want. They don't charge for special orders. They'll even order tires they don't normally carry. Like Pitbull's or interco's.

I've run the last 2 gen's of BFG KM's. KM2 35's now. They are a 45k mile tire on the street. Great ride and not that loud. But we all drive Jeeps. We're use to a little noise. : ) They grip the rocks great. I run them at 8psi without beadlocks, and my traction is awesome. I recommend them to everyone.
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I'm trying the cheap route, $185 per tire for 35" Hercules Trail Diggers. So far so good
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Did a little home work today.....35" MTR's = 69lbs each / KM2's = 64lbs each. I was also told that the MTR's have a stronger and stiffer Side Wall. No one could give me estimated miles on the MTR's???? The KM2's will give u a quieter ride and should give u 40,000 to 50,000 miles before they need to be replaced. Any body put on that many mile on the New MTR's????? Looks like either one of these Tires would work OK????? I have a little time to think about it. Any additional references would be helpful.

Comment

onlinetires.com has nothing to do with americas tire company. I basically use their great prices and have americas tire price match. Americas tire is a great company and have awesome service and have bought tires from them for over 20 years. Their prices are a bit high though. Back in the day with my price match and americas tire $75 rebate for buying 4 tires I ended up paying around $168 a peice for brand new bfg km2's.35x12.50x15 Bfg km2s are about $206 plus tax and goodyears are about $199 plus tax on onlinetires.com. On americastire.com website bfgs are $254 and Goodyears are $213. ~$180 savings on bfgs just by price matching. Now americas tire has a good year rebate of $80 when you by 4 tires and mtr kevlars qualify. So have them price match $199 plus tax and do the rebate online $130 savings is pretty significant. Dont tell them you know about the rebate though they dont like losing money lol. They somtimes will usually charge $5 per tire extra as if you brought the tires in but it a small price to pay. If they say you gotto pay shipping just tell them you can pick the tires up locally in cerritos off 605 freeway.

Comment

Jeeperator....The warehouse in Cerritos, is it the American Tire Warehouse? Or the Onlinetire Warehouse?

Comment

Online tire wherehouse as far as i know. Check it out for yourself and call them.

Comment

Working...
                              X