Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centering Axles

I just finished installing the new HD Currie Steering. I started the Currie adjustable TB this morning when I measured the axles. I found the front to be one inch off center to the driver side and the rear to be 3/4 of an inch off to the passenger side.

While reading the directions it says I can simply ratchet strap the axle to center then install the TB. Ok...in theory, I suppose that makes sense, so I turn to you and ask:

Is it really this simple? What is the real process? Any assistance here would be GREATLY appreciated.

HOOYAH!!!
    Dan

Originally posted by Quantumracer View Post
    Is it really this simple?
    Yep. A ratchet strap works just fine. Connect one end of the ratchet strap to the frame. (for your front axle it would be the passenger side) Connect the other end of the ratchet strap to the axle on the opposite side. (or your front axle it would be the drivers side) As long as one end of the track bar is disconnected the frame will shift as you start ratcheting.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

The front track bar is even easier to install than that; just turn the steering wheel with the tires on the ground until the axle is centered on the frame, then attach the front track bar.
      The rear track bar may require a ratchet strap to center the axle, depending on how stiff the rear control arm bushings are.
      After you've attached both track bars, test drive your Jeep and adjust the drag link to center the steering wheel.
      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
      KI6MLU

Comment

OUTSTANDING! Thanks guys!!!

HOOYAH!!!
        Dan

Comment

Working...
        X