Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Temp Sensor

My Jeep needs to be smogged. My check engine light is on. I got the code read. It's P1492. This indicates the battery temp sensor is not working. When I put tube fenders on, I had to remove the factory battery tray. With it went the sensor.

My question. How can I fool the computer, to think the sensor is there? I just unplugged the sensor. Is there a way to ground the plug, that will make the computer think there's a sensor plugged in?
    It was like that when I got here.

Ok, I did some searching, and here's what I got.
    1) Plug a sensor back in. If anyone has one laying around, I'll do that.
    2) I need to figure out how many ohms the computer is reading from this switch. Then I can sauder in the right resistor. Problem solved.

Does anyone know off hand what the ohm reading is, or would someone be willing to read there's and give me the number. I have an 03 TJ. So, I figure 03 - 06 will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
      Ok, I did some searching, and here's what I got.
      1) Plug a sensor back in. If anyone has one laying around, I'll do that.
      2) I need to figure out how many ohms the computer is reading from this switch. Then I can sauder in the right resistor. Problem solved.

Does anyone know off hand what the ohm reading is, or would someone be willing to read there's and give me the number. I have an 03 TJ. So, I figure 03 - 06 will be the same.
      11.9 ohms. at the plug.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thank you very much, Rat. I'll fix it tomorrow.

Comment

did it work?

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
            did it work?
            A buddy, ended up having an extra temp sensor. So I just plugged it in. That problem is fixed.

On to the next one. I got a 2nd code. P0455. Has to do with the pressure in the fuel system between the tank and the charcoal canister. I replaced the gas cap, but that wasn't it. Time to look some more.

Comment

Cool deal. Nice to have Jeep freinds huh? I found the vapor return line to the tank had swollen and come loose from the tubing at the tank end. I replaced the hose and cleared the fault. So far so good.

Comment

I don't even remember seeing a sensor there when I took my battery tray out, I don't have any codes so I guess I'm ok!
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                  Cool deal. Nice to have Jeep freinds huh? I found the vapor return line to the tank had swollen and come loose from the tubing at the tank end. I replaced the hose and cleared the fault. So far so good.
                  I'm not so lucky. There is a check valve thats attached to the tank, that is cracked. Thats my leak. The prob, is that I can't just replace the CV. It's part of the tank. So I have to replace the whole tank. I'm not happy.

Comment

Working...
                  X