Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto locker up front

Hopefully this is a quick and easy question to answer. An auto locker in the front axle of a vaccuum disconnect won't lock up the front tires when turning if its not in 4wd correct??

Or should i be thinking of putting it in the back?
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

when you say "auto locker" is that a lockright, or some type of lunchbox locker?
    either way.. you are correct, but the driveshaft will now always turn, as the drivers side wheel will be "locked". it wont have power until you put it in 4 wheel drive though.
    i hope that makes sense.
    i ran my yj like that for a long time before i got the warn hub conversion.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

When i say auto i mean like an aussie locker type thing, thats a lunchbox right? So will the drivers side shaft always turning be a bad thing in tearms of wear?
      B R E T T
      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

the "lunchbox" locker are the one you can install in about a lunch break time about an hour. they are the kind that just replace the spider gears in the carrier. The ARB and OX lockers are full carrier replacement type take a good shop a few hours to install.
        75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
          When i say auto i mean like an aussie locker type thing, thats a lunchbox right? So will the drivers side shaft always turning be a bad thing in tearms of wear?
          no.. it should be no problem at all... i ran my jeep like that for a long time. you may need to have your driveshaft balanced in the front though. some people say the front ds on yj's arent balanced properly. i think they are full of crap though
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
          X