Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15x8 or 15x10 rims?

I have a YJ with 33x12.5x15 BFG MTs on 15x8 rims. I am thinking of getting some new rims. Should I move up to 15x10 rims? Thanks for any advice you can give me.
    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

IMO, no. It is easier to roll a bead off the seat with wider wheels.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
      IMO, no. It is easier to roll a bead off the seat with wider wheels.
      I second that
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

That's why I run 35/12.50 on a 7" rim.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I'm in agreement. I have 35x12.5s on 15x8 rims. Friend had 35x12.5s on 7" rim.

Comment

The answer depends on the driving you'll do. The 15x10 will give a little more stability on pavement and a slightly wider footprint at a given pressure, while the 15x8 can run lower pressures without coming off the rim. For lots of hardcore stuff the 15x8 is the way to go. For Jeeps that'll see lots of pavement between trails and/or lots of sand, the 15x10 is the way. As our jeep is a daily driver and sees lots of time on the road, we opted for 15x10 for a little extra stability on the road. Remember to be honest with yourself and pick what is best for your individual application. But the important thing is to have fun with your new wheels!
            It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
            and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Agreed 15X8 Steel

Comment

Thank you for the input. I will stay with 15x8. Thanks again!
                92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Working...
                X