Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Couldn't smog my '05 TJ

I took my '05 Tj to get smogged soon after replacing the battery. Replacing the battery clears the computer of stored info so you have to drive it a bit (approx 50 miles I was told) to get that info back before you can smog the vehicle...
    Took it in 3 times after driving down to Rancho Cucamonga and back, Computer had not cleared all items yet.
    Got an OBDII reader and found my oxygen sensor heater monitor was the culprit that was not clearing. I tried everything, took it off road in hi & lo. putted around neighborhood for a couple of hours... nothing worked. Finally it occured to me to look it up on line. Here is what I found:
    In order to run test, the fuel gauge needs to be between 1/4 and 3/4 tank. For the o2 heater monitor, you need to do cold start, let vehicle idle for 5 minutes before driving, then drive the vehicle between 45 and 55 mph for 5 minutes. Stop then let vehicle idle for another 3-5 minutes then drive 45 to 55 mph for 10 minutes and that will run both monitors.
    I did this and everything was cleared. Talk about jumping through hoops!
    Anyway, just thought I would post this as an FYI...

Scott

Yep, good info. Thanks Scott
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

So there was nothing wrong with your tj, you just had to reset everything due to a dead battery? I ask because I have to smog my in the next week or two.

Thanks,
      Dan

Comment

Yeah, Jeep is fine. It was because I had replaced the battery then tried to smog it without resetting the computer.

Comment

Makes sense...thanks!

HOOYAH!!!
          Dan

Comment

Working...
          X