Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York onboard air psi switch?

I am almost finished installing a york compressor on my tj with the kilby pulley and bracket kit. I am going to run a 90 on 120 off switch. I notice kilby sells a 120 on 150 off switch with his kits but it seem like this would be harder on the compressor. Question is what are you guys running and hows it working for you?

If your running ARB's with it, you don't want to go over 95 psi. I got mine from Grainger. They have all sorts of combos. I went with 80-95psi. That worked great for tires. I never ran air tools.
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I run auto lockers. Thats my understanding with arb's I guess you can run a regulator with higher pressures too. Most air tools are rated at ~100 psi. Most Id use is a 3/8 drive snapon impact. Mostly use it for filling tires. Little red mv50 wasnt cutting the mustard anymore.

Comment

Mine was something like 85/120 psi which worked very well. I dunno why Kirby likes 120/150 psi, that sure seems like an unnecessarily high air pressure range.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Beau 120 psi is fine, is about the max recommended air pressure for air tools, git er done!
          We got some wheelin to do tomorrow night

Comment

Almost done just got to mount the tank plug in air lines and check for leaks. Used my rear wiper switch for the on /off works perfect.

Comment

If you need some help tomorrow afternoon to get it done just swing by

Comment

Working...
              X