Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Jeep?

I am going to Buy a 1950s Jeep but not sure if it is the M38A1 or the CJ5 from the picture I was given. It looks like the tub could me from a M38A1 but the front fender says Jeep like the CJ5. Just want some thoughts to identify before I buy it tomorrow. If its Military then great if not that wont hurt my feelings. Just would like to get some opinions at to what it is.

Thanks,

Maybe this will help:

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-identifier/
    Rich

Comment

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't that era military have the front shackle reversed? There were a few guy's in my jeep club years ago, theirs were reversed from the factory. That was how they told me to identify civilian or military frame. They said so many of the military one's were broken that people bolted the civilian frames in. I never verified that myself.
      Come to the dark side.....
      We have Cookies!

Comment

The battery box on the left cowl tells you it an M38A1.
        Civi-Jeeps didn't have that.
        Looks as if it may be a "Frank'nJeep". As it may have two bodies tied into one.
        Good luck,
        LG
        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

it definitely looks frenstein. it could be a cool project but if youre after the military value maybe not.

Comment

The tub looks like it doesn't have a tailgate. Another strong indicator of M-38. It also looks like everything from the a-pillar back is grafted on.
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
            X