Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to.. or not to.. powder coat my new rims???

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to.. or not to.. powder coat my new rims???

Hi guys,

I am asking for your basic opinions here. I recently picked up a set of 4 37"Goodyear MTR w Kevlar for a great price on Treadepot.com. I also purchased a set of 4 Dick Cepek 2 Black wheels. Do you think I should keep them the two-toned as the come or powder coat them a flat black? IF not flat black then a very deep gun metal grey?

Here is what the wheel looks like:
    http://www.dickcepek.com/wheels.php?item=DC2Black

Here is what my Jeep currently looks like:
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/brett/Downloads/IMG-20110520-00106.jpg[/IMG]

Thoughts are greatly appreciated,
    Brett

sorry.. I am not very good with getting picture to post on this darn site...grrr.

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"]I'm not positive, but I don't think you can link to pictures in your email or on your hard drive. You'll need to upload them to an image hosting site like photobucket or flickr. There are many that are free and people on the site use them a lot.

As for the rims... I think powdercoat is an expense you could probably find another use for. The DC rims look pretty sick two toned, can't wait to see the pics.
      [/COLOR]

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post

sorry.. I am not very good with getting picture to post on this darn site...grrr.
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

The wheels look cool. Save your cash, and put it to " go better parts".
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Im not 100% sure but those look kinda like the wheels barney(bullysteve) had for a while. He had issues with the beads burping at low air pressure. Maybe he or somone who remembers will pipe in. As far as powder coating I woundnt do it. Its expensive and looks good but rocks will still scratch it. Atleast with paint you can touch it up. Can of Rustoleum satin black does wonder for bumpers, frame, sliders and belly pans.Why not wheels too.

Comment

x2 on rustoleum. flat black powderr coat doesnt look much different than ratlle can.

Comment

Working...
            X