Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What replacement carb to use on a YJ

I have a 87' YJ with a 258 and the jeep exhaust always smells bad like its burning rich.During the last smog I had to change the cat again and I did it last time it needed smogged. I want to replaced the original carb with a different one, so which one is best and where do I get it? I want to go fuel injected, but it's not in the current budget.... Any help would be great.

You live in California so you don't have any carb options but the stock carb. There's a good carb company in Florida that I had good luck with, I just can't remember their name. The prices were good, fast delivery, and stood behind their warranty when I had a little problem. Your only other choice is to convert to fuel injection. there's lots of information on the web about that.

Found it! http://www.guaranteedcarburetors.com...buretor/1.html
    Last edited by Roger; 05-17-11, 09:20 PM.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Predator 1200 CFM. Just kiddin. What Roger said...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Howell TBI. You'll never go back! 100% CA Smog Legal. However, I have found it rather difficult to find a smog shop that will smog me!!!

Comment

there is a place by Irwindale speedway, thecarbshop.com , in Santa Ana, CA. You can give them your old carb and get a new or rebuilt one- easy and cheap. call 'em 714-556-2181, tell them what you got and they will give you a price right over the phone. You shure the adjustment has all been used up on that stock carb? I got a carb for my Bronco from them, slapped it on and smogged it that same day. The stock carb was cracked and used up, what's best is the total cost was $265-
          Last edited by Kodiak Spirit; 05-20-11, 12:54 PM.
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Thanks for all the help and advice...I'm going to mess with it this weekend. Does anyone know a good shop with a gas anylizer that can work on these jeeps? A lot of shops won't touch them

Comment

Working...
            X