Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel opinions ?

i found some wheels i liked at quadratec. the choice is between 3 styles. d windows, soft 8 or the v5. they are the cragar steel ones. yes i know that there are probably better wheels out there but these fit my budget for now... im leaning more towards the v5 because i dont really see too many of them around. mostly soft 8 and d wins. my main question is what back spacing do i need. i have a 4.5 rc lift and it recommends 3.75 b.s. but i have seen other 4.5 inch lift kits that recommend 4 inch or 4.5 inch back spacing. i have 32 bfg km1 on my stock wheels and they rub on the coil, the sway bar link, and the lower control arm. just want to make sure i order the right stuff so i dont have to go through any problems. i know this is beating a dead horse but i used the search button and didnt find my answer. i dont know anything about wheels offsets or b.s. and how it all works. all i know is i want a 15 inch rim with 5 on 4.5. one thing i wonder about is why would different companies recommend different b.s. for the same size lift? the 32s are brand new so when i eat them up im probably going to 33 for sure maybe 35 so i want a wheel that will accept this. i would really like some education about wheels and their specs and measurments. ive looked up wheel measurements tables but i was really able to figure it out so any help is appreciated. thanks guys.

The ones I have for sale/trade are 15x7 with 3.75 backspacing. I ran them for 4 years with 33/12.50-15's. I had rubbing on the front leaves a little before full lock, and slight flare contact on the rear with about 6" up travel. Never hit the frame.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

The smaller the BS number the further out, the vertical center line is, of the wheel. Thus widening the track of your XJ. I not familiar with XJ issues. But the smaller the bs the less chance you will most likely, have of rubbing. My educated guess would be for you to go with the 3.75 bs. It'll be your best chance of avoiding future problems. Good luck.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

thanks guys i appreciate it.

Comment

If you can get your hands on the april issue of JP magazine. There's a good article on picking out the right wheels.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

The more your tires go "outboard", the more load you put on your spindle and wheel bearings.
            Respectfully,
            LG
            Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Working...
            X