Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Labor... will work for beer ;)

Hi everyone,

I have spent the last few weekends in Cathdral City with Jeff and Rob K. They have done some amazing work on my YJ. I enjoyed them allowing me to hang around and hand them a tool or two when they needed it. I am just in a mode of trying to learn as much about wheeling and wrenching on these rigs (Jeeps primarily) as possible. I don't know very much but am eager and willing to learn. (Grew up as a VW guy if you can't tell by my screen name).

The above being said, if any of you have any projects going on over the next several months and would like and extra set of hands and ears to listen to your war/trail stories i am a willing participant. I am pretty low maintenance and consider myself mildly good company at the same time. My normal schedule is pretty flexible as I earn my living in a 100% commission sales gig, so weekends are normally open but even a week day or two can be open if needed. I live in Hermosa Beach but I don't mind driving an hour or even slightly more to help out as long as I am able to learn a thing or two.

If any of you are interested in taking me up on the offer, please feel free to PM me.

Thank you in advance!
    Brett

I was thinking of replacing a fence and doing some landscapeing. Just kidding I am always burning metal over here if you want to learn that.
    It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

thats cool man im sure ull get alot of posts. buy a note pad youre going to need it

Comment

Originally posted by neilbyrd View Post
        I was thinking of replacing a fence and doing some landscapeing. Just kidding I am always burning metal over here if you want to learn that.
        Burning metal! I might want to come learn some of that!

Comment

Originally posted by InlandZJ View Post
          Class D fires - brave! Neil, very cool to offer education.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

Ok maybe I should have said melting metal and not in a kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by InlandZJ View Post
              If you want to learn get in touch with me I am always in the garage when. I am not wheeling.

Comment

Thanks Neilbyrd,

I grew up on a farm in PA and dug PLENTY of fence post holes in my day. I must say I am good on those for now!

I am up for anything... and I greatly appreciate your willingness to show me new ways to melt things with a lot of electricity... just make sure your home owners policy is up to date before I show up...

This weekend is the Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix..and the following weekend I hope to pick up my own YJ from Cathedral City... maybe the following weekend or two...

B

Comment

Just get in touch with me when your ready. And yes insurance is all paid up.

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                    Hi everyone,

I have spent the last few weekends in Cathdral City with Jeff and Rob K. They have done some amazing work on my YJ. I enjoyed them allowing me to hang around and hand them a tool or two when they needed it. I am just in a mode of trying to learn as much about wheeling and wrenching on these rigs (Jeeps primarily) as possible. I don't know very much but am eager and willing to learn. (Grew up as a VW [color=black]Aftermarket Parts[/color] guy if you can't tell by my screen name).

The above being said, if any of you have any projects going on over the next several months and would like and extra set of hands and ears to listen to your war/trail stories i am a willing participant. I am pretty low maintenance and consider myself mildly good company at the same time. My normal schedule is pretty flexible as I earn my living in a 100% commission [color=black]car parts[/color] sales gig, so weekends are normally open but even a week day or two can be open if needed. I live in Hermosa Beach but I don't mind driving an hour or even slightly more to help out as long as I am able to learn a thing or two.

If any of you are interested in taking me up on the offer, please feel free to PM me.

Thank you in advance!
                    Brett
                    That's awesome, I wish I had the free time to do that as well. Hope you learn a lot!

Comment

Working...
                    X