Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: CO2 Carbon Dioxide Tank Refill

I just purchased a PowerTank and need to find a reliable place to fill it ... any advice on where to go, or avoid, in the LA area?

Thanks.

Go to a fire extiguisher sevice/repair place.
    It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

Any paintball shop would probably do it.

Comment

Welding supply shops will also provide CO2. You may have to leave your tank since you have the good looking PowerTank and they ususally just swap the tanks. Works for me as my CO2 set up just uses whatever tank they give me.

Comment

I use California Tool and Welding supply. They let me keep my tank and just inspect it to make sure it is still within the service dates. My 10# tank costs around $12 to refill. They will also swap out tanks with you and sell new tanks as well if you want a spare.

http://www.califtoolweldsupp.com/con...tore-locations

Comment

Airgas is a large chain with lots of locations, they'll do it, but they are not the cheapest. Tom Severin maintains a list of shops here:
            http://www.4x4training.com/Articles/...lAirTanks.html

One thing to watch out for though, is the date on the tank. If the tank is out of date (I think every 5 years?), they won't refill it until it gets hydrotested. I had that done on my preowned airtank at a shop in Long Beach called Air Source. Cost $35 I think.
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I wonder how many fills I could get out of a 20oz paintball tank.? They cost about $20 full and only $2 to fill at most paintball shops. Small and compact too, about the size of a med fire extinguisher Obviously have to set it up with some sort of regulator and air chuck too.

Comment

Working...
              X