Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Fan or Not?

I have a 97 wrangler with a 2.5L, she is pretty quick with all its mods under the hood, cold air, bigger air tube with insulation, 4.0L TB, custom TB spacer, Bored out intake manifold, catback, magnaflow, accel coil and wires, NGKs gapped at .037 yudda,yudda, yudda. But then again I only run a 2inBB with 31 BFG muds. She is pretty fast. So what are the pros and cons on a E-Fan. Can I run it directly to a manaul swicth, or do I need a thermostat relay and all the other stuff that comes with it. My concern is the more gadgets that come with it, the more stuff there is to fail. Can I just keep it simple and hook it to the battery for power source then a swicth inside the cab? What I am looking for is less wind drag and more HP.

The best setup would be a coolant switch or even 2 of those one for low spped and one for high speed, when it gets hotter.
    Manual overide switch is not a bad thing either, you also need a relay that can handle the current of the fan.
    If you wire it so that the fan us switched on by default it's pretty fail safe. Takes a bit of trickery with the wiring but can be done.
    that is how most all the radiator fans on commercial trucks are wired.

Comment

So basically you are saying it is best to wire it up to a automatic thermo swicth so that it shuts on and off by self?

Comment

Yea, Its easy with a bosch relay and a temp swictch threaded into your head or thermostat housing. The first time you forget to switch that toggle on might be your last. Alot of the fans out nowadays have the thermostat system adjustable and built in. Plug and play

Comment

Will then plug and play it is. If I should decide to get a E-Fan I will get the complete system. Your right forget one time and thats DOA. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X