Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ: New to me top

I purchase a used top that came off of a '93 and this thing fits my '95 real snug. Almost too snug. I need some help getting this thing completely on.
    Anyone here ever purchase a replacement top and run into issues trying to get the top to fit your OEM frame? I am hoping that with the cooler temps we've been having the fabric just needs some heat to stretch a little. The top is on with the exception of the snaps over the doors. Any ideas for stretching it out? Hairdryers?

Thanks.

I just made my own top and had to leave the material out in the sun for a while to get it to relax a bit. After it warmed up it was real easy to pull tight.
    It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

If the Sun would just come out and stay out, that might work. I haven't had a top on the Jeep in years so I forgot just what a pain it can be to put it back on when the temps are cold.
      Last edited by Jason; 03-01-11, 11:11 AM. Reason: why does the word forget double?

Comment

If the top has not been on a Jeep for a while it can be tough to get it stretched out. Especially in the temperatures we've had lately. Laying it out in the sun even on a cool day should help. The hair dryer idea might work, but you will be hard pressed to get an even stretch over the whole thing.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Just put the wife's car out of that heated garage and pull the Jeep in or wait for the sun

Comment

Working...
          X