Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oba tank mounting question

I'm going to be doing an oba setup in the next couple weeks and I was juat wondering where are you guys mounting your tanks. I want to try and do it "outside" of the cab just for space inside. Pics would be cool if you guys don't mind
    Thanks, Mike

Here ya go even fits with a tummy tuck.

Last edited by aw12345; 01-03-11, 01:34 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Art, what size tank is that? 2.5 gal?[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Art, is that driver side behind the front yoke?

Comment

Sits right behind the transfercase on the driverside

Comment

Haha that's an easier way of putting it but thank you

Comment

Don't have my CJ7 any more to take a picture, but I mounted mine just in front of the gas tank and enough forward so that the axle would not hit it. It was a 2 1/2 gal tank and mounted length-wise along the tank.
              Rich

Comment

Driver side next to the driveshaft. 2 1/2 gal tank.

Just after I installed it:

"The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Same tank same location with modified mount so it can be partially mounted on the skid and have atleast some protection from rocks.

Comment

The protection from the rocks was my biggest concern. But I can build a skid plate for it

Comment

It survived several of the Hammertrails just fine, it's not that easy to make a strong skid for it that extents beyond the transfercase skid plate. Trick is to get it as close to the floorboard as possible

Comment

Where did you find that tank art?

Comment

via air 2.5 gallon I cut both of the mounts off welded one closer to the tank to get the clearance i needed and welded the other one to the back so I could use a bracket of the lower control arm mount

Comment

When I had my YJ, sold it, no pics, I made an air tank out of 4x4 square tubing. I capped the ends with plates. Then drill holes for an inlet, outlet, and drain plug, then tapped the holes for fittings. You can also weld on threaded dungs if you like. Weld on some tabs, and its ready to mount.

The other tanks in this thread are mounted length wise, front to back. I put mine side to side, under the floor board, on the driver side, where the step up behind the drivers seat is.

The beauty of this is, that you can put all your fittings where you want, cuz the tank is custom. Also, If you go with 3/8 or 1/4 square tubing you don't need a skid plate.
                            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                            X