Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric fan

I stumbled across what may be a good option for a two-speed electric fan. I found the 1995 Ford Thunderbird fan has a shroud that covers 22x18 which is really close to a YJ radiator. It has two speed control that can easily be set up to respond to high and low temp relay inputs. They are for the 3.8 V6 and 4.6 V8, so I would't doubt the airflow capacity. To add to it, I've seen them new for under $70. Does anybody know if this fan has a good or bad reputation?
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

The Thunderbird fan has a pretty good reputation but the one to look for is the Ford Taurus fan.

Comment

What makes it better?
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

The guys I was asking about electric fans all told me to go find a Taurus one at pick-a-part and that the Thunderbird would be their second choice. I believe they said the Taurus has a slightly better CFM rating.

Comment

Hey guys... have you thought about the dual fan for the Contour? It has dual fans and I believe they are both rated at 3400 CFM's...

I happen to have one that I am trying to get rid of...

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18835
          Regards,
          Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Working...
          X