Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ: Bolt pattern?

Will the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern work on the zj. I have 5 on 4.5 pattern currently. Newbie question i'm sure

Thanks guys

Are you just trying to use 5on 5.5 wheels? Because no it will not work. It would take a lot of custom stuff to make it work. Rear is easy enough. You can have your axle shafts drilled for the new bolt pattern and put new studs in. The front would be a little harder. You would have to change hubs to a 5 on 5.5 hub. You would also need new brakes all around.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I was hesitant on buying these from a guy on C/L. I asked him what the bolt pattern was and he said 5.5 It was either the bolt pattern or the back spaceing. If he does not know I'm not going to drive all the way for the wrong size. Thanks

Comment

I know a couple guys with zjs that are 5x5.5 but it could be that they're v8 instead of i6. Are you i6?

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheelinmike View Post
          I know a couple guys with zjs that are 5x5.5 but it could be that they're v8 instead of i6. Are you i6?
          Inline 6. I passed on the deal. I had 5 on 4.5 bolt and sold them to my buddy with a v8. I'm not sure how much of a difference it is when put up on the rig. I have never tried

Comment

Go on ebay and look for items from ezaccessory. They are the ony people I have found that make 1" thick bolt pattern adapters. Their prices ar pretty good. They do the sizes that others won't. I was told by a local manufacturer that you can't get a 5 on 5.5 down to 5 on 4.5. These guys do. They've held up well.
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
            X