Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Rubicon photo's

I picked up my new Jeep Friday after an unreal offer on my untouched 06 LJ Rubi. I took lots of detail photo's. More to be added as the day's go on.

http://s609.photobucket.com/albums/t...ted%20Rubicon/

Drive by wire is a trip. Looks like an 8 track tape mounted to the side of the intake.

Hope the link works, don't post often but LURK ALL THE TIME.

John
    Fullerton Ca.

Nice!!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks Roger. We think the wives would be used to us by now but I threw her when I came in the house all excited that it has a high pinion 44 in the front !!
      Got a good look from her on that one.
      No need trying to explain that I did not know they had them so I just walked away and smiled.

Comment

Looks great i really like the new interior and chrysler listened to what people wanted inside. now if they would address the overheating auto trannys that are burning jks to the ground i might buy another one.

The JK is an awesome and capable rig right out of the box.
        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Why did you say "best dealer ever"? I live not far from there, so I'm more than a little curious on how you rate them. I've never bought anything from them, and only hit their parts dept a few times.
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I have known of their racing background for years and they are the best mod-friendly dealer around. They have their race Cherokee in the showroom now by the way. So when I was lucky enough to get my LJ in late 05, I knew where to go. Just a great group of people working there and a great owner who really appreciates his loyal customers. I know that by having this new ride. Long story but I was going to be buried in my LJ and the hood was to be the headstone so when they wanted my cherry LJ, the planets aligned and now my 16 year old son who is taller than me now at 6'1" can ride in comfort in the back on our runs.
            I encourage anyone who wheels and wants a dealer who even puts on their own runs, give them a visit.
            For me the interior is just heaven. Been a wheeler all my life. Took the wife when we were dating to Azusa all the time in a 2wd Datsun PL521 pick up to a 87 Suzuki sami with full cage and race suspension when married to a 77 Chevy blazer when my son was born that had holes in the floor boards which we could watch the pavement go by and no carpet to the LJ. Life could not get better, I thought.
            You have a TJ/LJ and you get to know them for their strong points and weak points. One look under the new ride and I love the size of the steering parts alone. Bigger than my blazer had on her corp. 10 bolt. I spent some time under her when taking the photo's and from frame size on up I like it.
            Having a Atlas, rear 14 bolt and Dana 60 all ready to go on the blazer years ago, then having to get rid her just tore me up. My Rubi solved that. This new one is much safer for my family getting to the places we wheel.
            Never thought I would own a high pinion front end by the way! Just icing on the cake to me. Seeing them on old CJ's and the low one on my 30/44 on the LJ made me wonder why.
            A hood light would be nice though...........
            Last edited by CAJONJP; 11-05-10, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Looks nice. Love that new interior!
              "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

The interior is great on the 11s. Makes me want to trade my wifes 08 in. The four door makes a great grocery getter out of a wrangler. You are going to enjoy it,we do ours. T
                456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

I test sat in a new '11 the other day. I like the way it looks, and it still feels tough and durable, no less so than my 2005 interior. However, they made it even worse for tall people than the previous JK interior! Those round vent housings on the center dash are perfectly placed to prevent tall people with knees from bring able to fit. I am very disappointed.
                  Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                  Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                  HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                    Why did you say "best dealer ever"? I live not far from there, so I'm more than a little curious on how you rate them. I've never bought anything from them, and only hit their parts dept a few times.
                    I think that they are the best dealer ever as well. I took my LJ to Tuttle Click for a check engine light that indicated that there was something wrong with the transmission controller. They replaced the entire ECM because they couldn't find the root of the problem. After 20 miles of driving the check engine light was back. I took it in to Don A Vee. They said the transmission internals were going and they would do a complete overhaul on the transmission. I thought this was going to be big $$. They got the 7/70 powertrain warranty transferred into my name for $100 and then all I had to pay was another $100 deductible. They went above an beyond what I feel the other dealers would have done. There was never a mention of lift and 33's causing strain on the automatic tranny or anything. I got the feeling from Tuttle Click that the next step was going to be for me to bust out my check book.

Comment

Working...
                    X