Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver's side window won't move, advice please

Driver's side window won't move when using power switch. There is power going to it because I can hear it. There is this loose cable that I think maybe is the problem. Anyone have a write up or adivce how to fix this? I have the window pushed up so rain does not get in. Would it be cheaper to just get a used driver's door from a junk yard then to try and fix/pay someone to fix?

Thanks much
    98' XJ Sport, K&N filter, 174,xxx miles

If you can hear the motor turning when you push the switch you probably just need a window regulator. They are cheep at the junk yard and about $60 at the auto parts store. They are pretty strait forward to replace. Remember to by some silicone to re-attach the dust cover under your door panel. Other than that you will only need a few screw drivers.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Some Chrysler products use a ball chain regulator. That would be cheaper to just replace. If it's a gear drive, it may just need to be realigned.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

I did this to the passeneger side of my wife's 1997;

http://www.steigerperformance.com/products/sp12001.html

or this method which I just performed on the drivers side:

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/...ulator_Fix.htm

Comment

Thats some good info and write ups. Yeah my spiral wrapped cable (the "fuzzy cable")is off the track. I have the window held up with a stick for now but come warmer weather I can going to give it a shot to try and fix it myself
          98' XJ Sport, K&N filter, 174,xxx miles

Comment

Working...
          X