Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvage Titles

My 06 LJ took a tumble, and the insurance company wants to declare it a total loss. I'm trying to fight it, but need some information.

If anyone in the group has a salvage title, can you provide me with (1) how much you paid for the salvaged vehicle and (2) what kind of problems you had getting the rig registered and insured again?

Thanks.

It shouldn’t be all that complicated. You will negotiate with the insurance company how much the vehicle is worth. In this case it will be in your best interest to argue that the vehicle is worth less than the amount the insurance company is proposing. You want to keep your vehicle and get as big a check as possible. You will be negotiating on two key numbers. First, the diminished value of your own vehicle. And second, the replacement value of the entire vehicle regardless of whether or not you are keeping your Jeep. A good thing to do is go on Auto Trader and print for sale ads for similar Jeeps that are local to you, say within 50 miles. When all the negotiations are done and you have the check for the depreciated value and your Jeep the insurance company will not send you a salvage title. The will give you what is called a Certificate of Salvage Retention. In order to get a Salvage title you will need to do the necessary repairs to the vehicle to make it safe and street legal again. When the repairs are done you will take it to the DMV inspector and they will certify that your vehicle is once again roadworthy and issue a Salvage title.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

mab1632, Please stop double posting your threads in two forums. I've merged your threads. Please keep them in one section only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interne...Double_posting
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
      X